Friday, April 29, 2011

Cancer


Cancer.  My least favorite word I think.  So 3 years ago when I had Thyroid cancer I thought it was horrible.  I got surgery and did pretty well without that cancerous thyroid.  Every year I celebrated being cancer free.  Happy and cancer free.  I always said that I got my cancer young so I would never get it again.  Cancer should only happen to people once right?  Wrong.  30 years old, and cancer again.  This time it was Dermatofibrosarcoma Protrubrans, or DFSP.  Just a little bump on my left shoulder blade that looked suspicious.  One in a million they tell me.  Well isn't that nice.  I always knew I was one in a million!  So again, under the knife.  Twice actually.  Now I have a lovely 3.5 inch scar on my left shoulder.  They tell me that they got it all, but there is awaly a chance it could come back.  Great.  Now I have to follow up at the dermatologist office every 3 month, the endocrinologist office every year, etc.  I'm really freaking tired of going to doctors.  How many people do you know that have had 2 different kinds of cancer by 30 years old?!  Probably none, except me.  Guess I'm just the lucky one right?  I am of course extremely grateful that both of these cancers were found and treated in a timely manner.  But still, pissed that I have even had to deal with this cancer s*%! TWICE.  Let's hope the second time is for sure the last, and I pray for many more cancer free years to celebrate.


2 comments:

Raejean said...

I'm so sorry that you have to go through this again. Please let me know if there is some way I can help!

Minharos said...

Oh man, it's hard to be so far away when stuff like this happens. I'm so sorry and so glad you caught it early. Here's to a cancer free future!

You guys all look great by the way. Your girls are beautiful growing so fast. We sure miss all of you.