Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Grand Canyon Adventure

In September, I hiked the Grand Canyon with 4 other women.  It was the most amazing experience ever.  The Grand Canyon is so amazing it is hard to even put into words what it is like deep down in it.  Looking from the rims it is definitely an amazing sight, but once you go down in it and see all the different sites and sounds it is something you will never forget.  We drove to the South Rim and then took a shuttle from the South to the North Rim and stayed the night in some awesome cabins.  If anything, I suggest everyone spends the night or weekend in these cabins on the North Rim.  They are amazing.  The next morning at 5 am we started our trek down the Canyon.  We hiked the entire day with heavy packs.  It was brutal!  We then stayed the next night in dorm like cabins at the bottom of the Canyon.  It was called Phantom Ranch.  That was QUITE the experience.  The next morning we hiked to the top (mostly :)), and stayed the night in cute little cabins on the South Rim and drove home the next day.  I must say, I got sooo sick on this trip, and was sick for a month after, but it was so worth it and an amazing experience I will never forget.  I will however, NEVER do it again!  But, I will for sure be driving my buddies next time and staying in all these awesome cabins!  I took hundreds of pictures, and these don't do it any justice, but just thought I would post a few!  Thanks girls for an awesome trip!


  5 girl's stuff!
 We arrived at the South Rim!

The cabins on the North Rim
 Somewhere near the beginning!
 Somewhere near the bottom!




Breathtaking views


The End!

No comments: