Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My favorite time of the year!

I love, love, love fall.  It is really my favorite time of the year! I love the warm weather, which is why I live here in the valley, but it is so nice to get the cooler weather.  I HATE the cold.  So fall is the best of both worlds!  And...I love pictures with pumpkins in them!  I think the kids always look so happy being that time of the year and carving pumpkins is so much fun, for them, not me.  I hate carving pumpkins!  I make Cody do it, and I take the pictures and roast the seeds!  We have always gone to the pumpkin festival at Schnepf Farms, but this year our schedules just would not allow it.  So, we did the next best thing.  Got our pumpkins from a stand on the side of the road!  I know, but I still got "pumpkin patch" pictures!  The kids loved it and the pumpkins turned out really good too.  This was the first year that Alexis was actually able to carve the pumpkin.  We had one of those kits and she poked all the holes and her dad helped her cut them and she pushed out the pieces.  She was pretty proud of herself and her kitty pumpkin!






The kids had little pumpkins that we let them color with markers, which they loved, especially Avery!

And Alexis really liked the "guts", and was excited that she got to play with pumpkin guts at school a few days later too!

The finished product!


And, this is what Ariel did the entire time.  Real helpful!

Happy Halloween!

No comments: