Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The baby's not a baby anymore...


And so the time has come.  My baby has started preschool.  How does that happen?  I know everyone always says how fast it goes when your kids are little, but seriously!  This is fast!  Avery is going to preschool at Miss Vickie's house.  The same place Alexis went years ago!  Avery was so excited to go to school after watching her sister go for the last 3 years!  She only got a tad nervous when she figured out that I would be leaving her there and then coming back to get her!  She got over that pretty quick though!  She went right in and sat down ready to learn.  She loves it so far and has made 5 new friends.  Cody, Alexis and I all took her to her first day, and when I picked her up, I was all alone.  She was so disappointed that her sister wasn't there to hear about her day!  As soon as Alexis got home from school, Avery ran to the door and said, "Sissy!  I had fun at school!!!".  She showed her the shape spotter she had made and Alexis acted like it was the greatest piece of art she has ever seen!  I love that they care for each other and support each other as much as they do already.  I hope it continues throughout their lives.



My "school girl" as she makes me call her now

The proud sister

The sad mommy :(

Avery and Miss Vickie

Ready to learn
The magnificent shape sorter


Back to school also means back to dance class for Miss Avery.  She LOVES dancing and pretty much sings and dances all day long.  She has a new dance teacher this year which I am not very happy about, but she seemed to love it just the same.



We love our little school girl who used to be our little baby!  Good luck this year Avery!

No comments: